WELCOME TO THE METROPOLITAN PLANNING AUTHORITY
The new Metropolitan Planning Authority (MPA) has been formed from the recently expanded legislative basis of the Growth Areas Authority (GAA).
Click here to download the media release
The MPA has been created to implement the initiatives and vision set out in the Victorian Government’s metropolitan planning strategy, Plan Melbourne.
Media release – Implementing Plan Melbourne and MPA delegations
Plan Melbourne launch
Plan Melbourne website
As well as working with its partners in planning, the MPA will implement plans to achieve real outcomes. It will also focus on planning and infrastructure coordination in key strategic areas that are of significance to the state, throughout Melbourne’s inner and outer suburbs as well as regional centres.
The MPA is an independent statutory body with a broad, facilitative role to work with local councils, other government agencies and the planning and development industry to help deliver exciting Greenfield and Urban Renewal projects across Victoria. We report directly to the Minister for Planning.
In the short term, the MPA will focus on:
- Commencement of detailed structure planning and infrastructure coordination for key strategic sites as identified in Plan Melbourne;
- A continued emphasis on detailed growth area planning;
- A review and refresh of Precinct Structure Planning Guidelines;
- Consultation with local government on the process for working with the sub-regional groups;
- Ongoing infrastructure coordination and streamlined approvals for the East Werribee Employment Precinct, and;
- Presenting an infrastructure pipeline to Government to help inform future government investment.
The MPA is creating a panel of suitably qualified contractors to provide strategic land use planning, statutory land use...
The Minister for Planning, Matthew Guy has just launched the Fishermans Bend Strategic Framework Plan
The Minister for Planning has approved the Westbrook and Ballan Road PSPs and the Wyndham West DCP