Update on tenders process
17 June 2014
New data files have been provided to assist with the Request for Expressions of Interest process. Files are available in various formats, including CAD and MapInfo.
Click on this link to access the files.
Status: Request for Expressions of Interest in Major Development Parcel
The Metropolitan Planning Authority (MPA) seeks expressions of interest to develop the major component of the new East Werribee precinct.
The market offering totals approximately 400ha (gross) in one of Australia’s fastest growing areas and one of Melbourne’s six national employment clusters. This major development parcel includes the planned East Werribee town centre based around a central lake and heritage park setting, surrounding commercial areas, and substantial areas for high quality residential development.
As part of this process, the Government seeks proposals from the property industry to either enter a development partnership or purchase the land outright to develop the first stage of the East Werribee Employment Precinct, which has been planned to provide commercial opportunities to create 58,000 jobs and 7000 new homes.
Mixed use development is planned for the site comprising approximately:
- 142ha for retail / office / apartments and industrial
- 135ha designated for residential development
- 123ha non developable.
More information about the Request for Expressions of Interest is available on the Victorian Government Tenders website
Expressions of Interest submissions should be lodged at the Metropolitan Planning Authority – Level 29, 35 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria, 3000. Submissions will be accepted until 3pm on 16 July 2014.
The East Werribee Employment Precinct Structure Plan (PSP) has been approved by the Minister for Planning, the Hon. Matthew Guy MLC. The approved PSP was launched by Premier Denis Napthine and Minister Guy on 7 October 2013 at the University of Melbourne Veterinary School in Werribee.
Premier Napthine and Minister Guy also confirmed funding for a full diamond freeway interchange at Sneydes Road, as well as significant arterial road upgrades.
The East Werribee Employment Precinct will allow the development of a mixed use precinct that will create opportunities for 58,300 local jobs on 356ha of employment land to reduce the need for local residents to travel a significant distance to work, as well as 7100 new homes, key infrastructure, advanced integrated water cycle management, sports facilities, and local parks.
The Metropolitan Planning Authority (formerly the Growth Areas Authority) prepared the East Werribee Employment PSP in consultation with the Wyndham City Council, Government agencies and service authorities.
Land covered by the PSP, which is owned by the State Government, has been used for agriculture and research for 100 years. It will be developed into a commercial precinct, a new town centre, health and learning precinct, enterprise precinct and a business precinct, as well as providing new homes to support this employment.
The precinct will have excellent freeway access and provide a wide range of retail and employment options, while the planned Point Cook South West and Wattle Avenue residential communities outlined in the masterplan will include a variety of housing types and facilities.
Both Point Cook South West and Wattle Avenue new communities will have local town centres, schools, and sporting facilities. The facilities and services within Point Cook South West will also service Point Cook West residents, while Wattle Avenue will provide a transition between the existing community to its south and the high intensity employment opportunities to the north.
Approval of the East Werribee Employment Precinct will result in the following changes to the Wyndham Planning Scheme:
- Incorporate three new documents into the planning scheme by listing them in the Schedule to Clause 81.01:
- East Werribee Employment Precinct Structure Plan
- East Werribee Employment Precinct Development Contributions Plan
- East Werribee Employment Precinct Native Vegetation Precinct Plan
- Rezone land within the amendment area from Special Use Zone Schedule 5 (SUZ5) and Farming Zone Schedule 2 (FZ2) to Urban Growth Zone (UGZ).
- Introduce and apply Schedule 12 to the Urban Growth Zone (UGZ12) to land in the amendment area. This zone sets out the land use and development controls for the precinct. The zone requires land use and development to be generally in accordance with the incorporated East Werribee Employment Precinct Structure Plan.
- Remove Schedule 5 to the Special Use Zone (SUZ5) from the Wyndham Planning Scheme.
- Remove Schedule 4 to the Development Plan Overlay (DPO4) from the Wyndham Planning Scheme. This requires changes to Planning Scheme Maps 11DPO, 12DPO, 16DPO and 17DPO.
- Remove the Design and Development Overlay Schedule 1 (DDO1) from the amendment area. This requires changes to Planning Scheme Maps 11DDO, 12DDO, 16DDO and 17DDO.
- Introduce and applySchedule 12 to the Development Contributions Plan Overlay (DCPO12) to land in the amendment area. The overlay requires that development within the amendment area is subject to the provisions of the incorporated East Werribee Employment Precinct Development Contributions Plan.
- Provide for public open space contributions for land in the East Werribee Employment Precinct Structure Plan area when land is subdivided by amending the Schedule to Clause 52.01.
- List the East Werribee Employment Precinct Native Vegetation Precinct Plan (East Werribee Employment NVPP) in the Schedule to Clause 52.16 to manage native vegetation in the precinct.
- Update the Schedule to Clause 61.01 to make the Minister for Planning the responsible authority for considering and determining certain types of applications within the East Werribee Employment Precinct Structure Plan area.
- Update the Schedule to Clause 61.03 to include Planning Scheme Map 16DCPO and 17DCPO.
- Update the schedule to Clause 66.04 to include the Growth Areas Authority as a referral authority for subdivision in accordance with the provisions of UGZ12.
Final planning scheme amendment documents for East Werribee will be provided following gazettal of Planning Scheme Amendment C179 to the Wyndham Planning Scheme.
The documents listed below were released during the public consultation period on the draft PSP.
Planning Scheme Maps
Planning Scheme Ordinance
Integrated Water Cycle Management
Environmental Site Assessment Phase 1 Report Compass Environmental – March 2009 – TEXT
Environmental Site Assessment Phase 1 Report Compass Environmental – March 2009 – FIGURES – Pages 46 to 50
Environmental Site Assessment Phase 1 Report Compass Environmental – March 2009 – FIGURES – Pages 51 to 53
Environmental Site Assessment Phase 1 Report Compass Environmental – March 2009 – FIGURES – Pages 54 to 56